November 5, 2008

Obama Promises Supreme Court That Will Destroy Second Amendment

In Oregon magazine, Sandy Froman, former president of the National Rifle Association of America, writes of the election of Barack Obama as president:

"Senator Barack Obama says he will respect gun owners, but campaign talk is cheap. What gun owners must know … is that Obama promises to appoint a U.S. Supreme Court that will eradicate the Second Amendment from the Constitution.

"On June 26, in the case District of Columbia v. Heller, the Supreme Court held in a split 5-4 decision that the Second Amendment secures a right to keep and bear arms for private citizens, and struck down the D.C. law that banned all handguns and readily-usable firearms, even in your own home. That decision turned on a single vote. The four liberal justices on the Supreme Court voted against the Second Amendment and to uphold the gun ban. They wrote that the Second Amendment confers no right whatsoever on private citizens, that Americans have no personal right to own guns of any sort, and the government can confiscate or ban them at will.

"The Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms survived by the slimmest of margins. If a single justice had voted the other way, the Second Amendment would have been erased from the Constitution forever.…

"[Obama] has said who he would appoint to the Supreme Court, and the justices he would appoint will take away our Second Amendment rights. He has singled out one justice on the Court, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, as his model for Supreme Court appointments. Justice Ginsburg was one of the four who voted that private citizens have no Second Amendment rights at all, and voted to uphold D.C.’s handgun ban.

"The next president will probably have at least three Supreme Court appointments in his first term alone. Not since Ronald Reagan has any president had that many vacancies in a single term. If Barack Obama becomes president, appointing three more Ginsburgs to the Supreme Court could doom the Second Amendment."

Read the full article here: Full Obama Article

LAWS ONLY EFFECT LAW ABIDING PEOPLE.....

Posted by: ANTHONY PATRONSKI | February 21, 2009 11:58 AM    Report this comment

All men are created equal? When was the last time you saw pictures from Africa?.I'm so glad I was "created" in America. "Land of the free because of the brave" Americans have certain inalienable rights, one of which is to bear arms, period! I personally do NOT need an AK47 or fully automatic assault rifle to protect my family. I have what I need and will support the 2nd amendment until the day I die. Obama or no Obama, Supreme Court, or no Supreme Court! I also do not need public opinion in my favor to protect my family either. It's a personal thang!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Sharps | November 9, 2008 6:16 PM    Report this comment

We must all understand that Sovereign Citizens created the federal government to meet Citizen needs and Citizen convenience. The authority of the federal government is intentionally, and strictly limited by the Constitution of the United States, solely for the protection of Citizens. A powerful federal government is a threat to individual liberty.

As Sovereign Citizens, it is OUR responsibility to 'preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic'.

Federal Judges do not have life-time tenure. According to the COTUS, "...The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour,..."

Also according to the COTUS, the primary responsibility of the President is to 'preserve, protect, and defend the COTUS' and that is why it requires him to solemnly swear that pledge before he can take office.

Every federal officer takes the same pledge as a precondition to holding federal office.

If a federal officer fails to honor their pledge, they are subject to immediate removal from office for that failure.

For too long we have abdicated our responsibility to hold federal officers accountable to their Constitutional restrictions. If we don't take our responsibily seriously, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

If you need an action plan going forward it is simple: restore the Constitution and hold it inviolate.

Posted by: FRANK B | November 6, 2008 3:41 PM    Report this comment

I believe the same thing stated by Marc SaveTheGuns. I couldn't have said it better. Mort S. I was hard on you before, however the more I read the more you remind me of my grandpa who was a WWII vet and part of the greatest generation. My grandpa always seen the good in people and not the bad, it seems your the same way. God bless you for that, some may think it nieve, however it is a very admirable trait. I do believe that they are going to take away our gun rights little by little.

Posted by: Robert J | November 6, 2008 1:10 PM    Report this comment

To Eric; I am not speaking out of bigotry. I read Obama's books. You read them and we'll discuss his faith and character. I have spent 33 years in law enforcement trying to uphold the Constitution for me and my brother citizens. I SHALL NOT then, have MY rights and THEIRS taken away by a tyrant of any race or faith and silently cry to myself. Concord and Sumter.

Posted by: Tim C | November 6, 2008 9:28 AM    Report this comment

With that in mind, any kind of anti-violent crime efforts must affect the actual sources of weapons that felons use and such efforts must also focus specifically upon extra punishment and fines for felons who choose to commit a violent crime with a firearm.

ANY regulation meant for the law abiding gun owner has no affect upon acts of violent crime committed with firearms. That point is so evident I hope I'm not insulting anyone by mentioning it.

Posted by: SaveTheGuns.com | November 6, 2008 8:30 AM    Report this comment

Mort, I'm quite certain you are aware that those who are willing and/or inclined to commit murder, rape, robbery or aggravated assault with a firearm are not going to be applying for any kind of firearm license.

Firearms that are used in acts of violent crime simply do not come from felons at the counter of a sporting goods store, who procure a driver's license, valid firearm permit and sit there and submit to a NICS record check. Obviously violent felons do not obtain their weapons in this manner.

Since we all know quite well that violent felons do not obtain their weapons the same way that we do, how then is there any value in having to procure a license for such firearms as you mentioned?

Posted by: SaveTheGuns.com | November 6, 2008 8:26 AM    Report this comment

I don't think that you will be able to convience people that would use the AK or Uzi that they have stolen to register it. So you may "feel" safer but you will not be safer. If you want to reduce violent crime restrict the number of violent criminals that can be on the street.

Posted by: RICK D | November 6, 2008 7:39 AM    Report this comment

"Listen to what he said" and then look at his actual liberal anti-gun voting record. Actions speak louder than all politicians "words."

Posted by: John B | November 6, 2008 7:36 AM    Report this comment

This is a cycle. Each side bends the facts to thier own end. Propaganda sells. The media and the lawyers get rich! As long as their is no Super Majority in the Senate and the economy is The Issue, our guns are safe.

Posted by: Straightwall | November 5, 2008 11:18 PM    Report this comment

It's scary hearing from all the Chicken Littles. I, for one, don't see hand guns and hunting rifles being legislated away during the lifetime of even the youngest gun owner in the country. I know that most of you calamity howlers consider that requiring a license to own a gun is tantamount to seizure, but licensing simply isn't seizure, say what you will on the subject.

I will feel a whole lot safer if people with AKs and Uzis have to procure licenses for their weapons of mass destruction.

You can sleep soundly knowing that you will have your guns safely by your sides for as long as you may live. Neither Obama nor anyone else is going to take them away. The sky is not falling.

Posted by: MORT S | November 5, 2008 8:33 PM    Report this comment

Posted by: MORT S | November 5, 2008 8:32 PM    Report this comment

Senator Obama will have far more pressing problems facing him (the war, the economy, the subprime mortgage collapse, etc.) that will take most, if not all, of his time and energy during the next four years than concerning himself with a citizen's right to own firearms.

One would think, from reading NRA mags, that the sole issue before the American people in this election was the right to bear arms. The hell with peak oil, skyrocketing unemployment and energy costs, the collapsing US car industry, and on an on.

I used to really enjoy reading American Rifleman in the old days because it contained lots of articles about rifles and handguns. It lived up to its title. Sadly it has degenerated into just another political propaganda rag.

Posted by: tedwhite@cableone.net | November 5, 2008 7:05 PM    Report this comment

Ok. The election is over. Now we really need to do what no one seems willing to do. Stop listening to the pundits and talking heads (NRA included) and READ and listen crefully to what is and was actually said. Obama has said on three occasions; " if your an honest lawabiding citizen, I don't want your guns". We all need to start depending on our own self evaluated of information. The deal is done. Lets give the guy a chance. Whats going to take up all of his time for 4 years..... The war, the economy or guns?? Hmmmmm.......

Posted by: JayInLA | November 5, 2008 5:46 PM    Report this comment

Hopefully I will personally be able to get over the fact that we just elected the most unqualified U.S. President since Warren Harding or perhaps ever. Hopefully I'll get to the point where I can support him as our President and simply disagree with him on policy.

I wouldn't be so sure that he won't be able to ram through another Clinton-Reno style ban on semi-autos. He's got the votes for some very radical gun control measures and he's supported radical gun control in the past.

Posted by: SaveTheGuns.com | November 5, 2008 5:02 PM    Report this comment

Ethan, we certainly are all created equal. There's nothing in my mind whatsoever that is bigoted in any fashion. I don't care how much melanin is in the man's epidermis or what country his family came from.

I just simply cannot believe that millions upon millions of voters overlooked Obama's past lack of judgment, lack of management or executive
experience, his questionable personal character, outright lies, his full support for late-term and partial-birth abortion, his radical domestic and international terrorist acquaintances, his advocacy for the virtual
elimination of the Second Amendment and so forth and so on.

Posted by: SaveTheGuns.com | November 5, 2008 4:58 PM    Report this comment

So he's a Muslim Racist...? He must hate himself for being half white and Christian then. Good Lord people, get a clue or perhaps read a book. Any true American would understand that this country is not based on bigoted remarks and that for generations we have fought to develop a country where all men are created equal. My grandparents, my father, uncles, my brother and myself did not fight and spill blood all over the world so we can deny the rights of others or treat them in a bigoted manner. Maybe you should have actually LISTENED to Senator McCain's speech last night and accept the fact that this is OUR President whether you voted for him or not. OUR forefathers set this system up. To bash it is to do them an injustice. That being said... he's not going to take our guns. Give me a break, the people of the US would not allow this to happen. We're not sheep and the Democrats will get kicked out of office just as fast as the Republicans when the public tires of them... and they will.

Posted by: Ethan S | November 5, 2008 4:44 PM    Report this comment

1776, 1861. Remember Concord and Sumter ! Live free. Free men are not afraid to do their duty for their family and country.

Posted by: Tim C | November 5, 2008 4:08 PM    Report this comment

Posted by: Tim C | November 5, 2008 4:08 PM    Report this comment

This has to be the saddest day in American history. To think that a man with a Muslim racist background is Commander in Chief is scary to say the least!

Posted by: dkube | November 5, 2008 3:44 PM    Report this comment

I have had family in America since the first Pilgrim stepped off the Mayflower in the Fall of 1620. I have been on the forefront of protecting the Second Amendment for a little over half of my life. I am ashamed of the general public in this country for electing Barack Obama as our 44th President of the United States.

Obama will join the ranks of Washington, Adams, Jefferson and Madison as our duly elected leaders. Obama's character, integrity and honor has been brought to the forefront as his past was exposed over these months, but the American people chose him anyway and I'm ashamed.

Marc