August 26, 2008

Buy the Taurus Millennium PT145 Pro SS No. 145SSP 45 ACP, $421? Good Prices at GunBroker.Com

Guns like the Taurus Millennium Pro PT145 have a short shelf life because they work, and they don’t cost a lot.

Gun Tests magazine recognized this in the January 2007 issue, when the magazine staff wrote that the 45 ACP was a Best Buy. “Ten rounds of big bullet with a full-size grip highlight this low-priced street fighter. A thumb safety and Heinie sights are plusses in our book.”

A recent check of www.Gunbroker.com showed a couple of choices for the gun, both of which were substantially below the MSRP quoted in that issue—$421.

Courtesy GunBroker.com

Courtesy GunBroker.com

Online pricing for the gun found on Gunbroker.com showed one gun in a no-reserve auction, # 108395193, with a “Buy Now” price of $350, $11 above the starting bid of $339.

Another auction, # 108235583, put the gun’s price around $300, with 4 days and 21 hours left in the auction. There was a “Buy Now” price of $386 for the gun, which was listed as NIB.

I purchased my PT 145 6 months ago. I have shot everything from reloaded RNL, to 185 gr. mag tech HP. 1 fail to fire. It was the ammo, and not the weapon. I carry the PT145 as a duty weapon here in Colorado where I am a park ranger, and I know that if needed, it will defend me without a hiccup. I have carried everything from a .38, 9mm, .357 mag, and .45 colt commander in law enforcement during the 70's, and early 80's in Cal., and I trust this weapon as much as any of the others. I am going to buy one for my son for his 21st birthday.

Posted by: Ranger9 | April 6, 2013 4:28 AM    Report this comment

Posted by: Ranger9 | April 6, 2013 4:09 AM    Report this comment

Thank you so much for the report on the taurus pt145 pro ssp. millennium pro. so now now i will be looking around to price one for a reasonable offer. thank you keith

Posted by: speedy | March 19, 2013 3:24 PM    Report this comment

THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST GUN IVE EVER OWNED ALOT MORE ACCURATE THAN MY J FRAME AND NOT THAT MUCH BIGGER ILL TAKE THE TAURUS.

IVE RAN 60 THROUGH IT SO FAR, NT ALL THAT MUCH BUT IT WAS SUPER ACCURATE

Posted by: MYCAR47562 | September 8, 2008 8:45 PM    Report this comment

I bought a used pt 145 about 3 years ago to keep in my work truck, I put about 1000 rounds through it before it broke, I sent it back to Taurus and got it back within 2 weeks (better than my cx4 berretta- its been 4 months), I finally shot it this weekend. I put over 350 rounds through it without a hiccup. I just put it back in my truck to replace a S&W.40 sigma, The PT 145 is suprisingly accurate for a small pistol. I shoot it at 35 yards into a 8" swinging target with ten out of ten hits once I figured out that it was hitting 2" low and 2" to the right.

Posted by: bobparzych | September 1, 2008 2:00 PM    Report this comment

Bought my PT145 when they first came out and have over 500 rds thru it Mostly 200 gr semi wadcutters and a few silver tips and Aquila IQ. NOT A BURP with any thing that I have fed thru it.

Posted by: ArnieL | August 30, 2008 8:45 AM    Report this comment

I've had my PT145SS for a few moths now and absolutely love it!! I have not had a single problem with this gun whatsoever! A few weeks ago at the range I put a few magazines through it myself then handed it to my father and it jammed twice on him...BUT A FIRMER GRIP QUICKLY SOLVED THAT PROBLEM!! So I definitely attribute the stoppages to operator error and not the gun or ammo. And I have used several types of ammo HollowPoints to FMJ, 185gr-230gr in this gun with no problems. I personally like Taurus' 185gr Copper Hex Bullets though for personal protection which are loaded with the Barnes X-Bullet. A good friend of mine has a 1st gen Pt145 and he hasn't had a single problem with his either!

Posted by: Jonnyonwheels | August 28, 2008 9:23 PM    Report this comment

New Taurus pistols need to be cleaned in the striker area. After that they are very reliable. I have one of these models. Over 1k rounds. No failures.

Posted by: ares7667 | August 28, 2008 4:38 PM    Report this comment

I bought mine for $386.00 on May 31. I've put over 500 rounds of range bought reloads through it, slow fire and rapid fire without a burp.

Posted by: Omnistuff | August 28, 2008 4:10 PM    Report this comment

After having purchased two of these monsters, I have to say that neither was heavy enough for a boat anchor and neither was dependable enough for a self defense pisol or, for any other use other than to get your blood pressure up!As an FFL, I do my own tests of any gun a customer might use for self defense. Both the original purchased pistol and the replacement after my complaints, weren't satisfactory for any use! Why? Try failure to fire with numerous brands of ammo. In some cases, multiple strikes were necessary to set the catridge off no matter what brand of ammo used (6). Multiple stovepipe jams again, with any type of ammo. Neither pistol was able to fire three to four consecutive shots without a jam. I know many "gun writers" recommend shooting a pistol purchased for self defense, a minimum of 200 shots before using one to protect your hide. But, after fifty rounds with multiple failures to fire at all with both pistols and, having to stop and clear a jam every 3-4 tries with both the original and the replacement pistol, I ran out of patience and got my money back from my distributor. Note, I am not prejudiced against Taurus and have no problem recommenting their revolvers to customers (I shoot these too before selling them). But, after my experience with the two Millennium PT145's, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Too bad because they're a good idea. But, the two I had just wouldn't work. Should I try more? No thanks!

Posted by: bigptr | August 28, 2008 2:06 PM    Report this comment