February 16, 2009

Rollout: Mossberg 100ATR Night Train II

North Haven, CT -- O.F. Mossberg & Sons' new 100ATR Night Train II bolt-action rifle has an adjustable LBA (Lightning Bolt Action) Trigger System and free-floating 22” button-rifled barrel.

Also, the Night Train II features a factory-mounted Barska 6-24 x 60mm variable scope, muzzle brake, Harris Bipod, and neoprene comb-raising kit with foam cheek pad inserts—all factory installed. The integral top-load magazine offers a 4+1 capacity with .308 Win cartridges.

It's available in black or digital camo, comes factory assembled, and includes a free gun lock and two-year limited warranty.

Mossberg's 100ATR Night Train II

For more details on the new Mossberg 100ATR Night Train II bolt-action rifles, go online at www.Mossberg.com.

Product Specifications

Action Type: Bolt-Action centerfire

Calibers: .308 Win

Trigger: Lightning Bolt Action™ Trigger System

Stock: Synthetic, black or digital camo

Magazine type: Top load magazine

Magazine Capacity: 5 rounds including one in the chamber

Barrel Length: 2”

Metal Finish: Matte Blue

Optic: Factory-mounted Barska 6-24x60mm variable scope

Avg. Weight: 9.5 lbs.

Origin: Made in the U.S.A

Warranty: 2-year Limited Warranty

IT would be nice if it was 7.62x51, that way you could shot two shells instead of just 308.

Posted by: BulletsnBarrels | January 4, 2013 2:46 PM    Report this comment

The 700 is one of my favorites, it's also the basis for the M40A1 USMC sniper rifle that has been used for decades. The downside to the SPS is that the stock touches the barrel if you use a bipod or forearm rest. It's a quick fix by reinforcing it via. gunsmith or a kit. Now, for the ATR, the scope isn't bad but if you're trying to hit the 3 at over 800, I'd ditch the scope and get a really good one. But, out of the 2... I'm partial to the 700.

Posted by: trfender | January 14, 2010 12:22 AM    Report this comment

Hey just seeing if this would be a good starting gun for wanting to shoot long shots. I have been wanting a new rifle and seen this one and read one good review and it seems the PRO's aka the people who use rifles daily or HAVE ACTUALLY SHOT IT have liked it. Im really wondering how its going to stack up to the 700 sps tactical. Thats the other rifle I'm interested in, I mean as far as the rifle to scope. Is the scope ok for just shooting or some thing that needs to be put on ebay as soon as it comes in? Thanks for any HELP.

Posted by: chevy350_1980 | January 13, 2010 6:47 PM    Report this comment

Posted by: chevy350_1980 | January 13, 2010 6:46 PM    Report this comment

I bought my 100 ATR Sprecial Purpose (NighTrain) at the end of the summer, in .308 flavor the same model on their website now. Out of the box... it's a decent rifle. I've qualified expert on the Marine Corps KD Course quite a few times, so I know how to shoot. So far, the farthest range I've taken the ATR to is 500 yds. Once sighted in... I had NO problems drilling the 3in ring. I had pictures up but some yahoo kept calling them "fakes" so I'll take my video cam next time. The only problem I've had with it is feeding 180 grain rounds. The barrel gets hot and the exposed lead tends to melt and stick to the lip of the chamber. I don't like the stock, it doesn't feel good in my opinion and it doesn't have a reinforcement plate built into it. The trigger is fine and is adjustable (much like a Savage Arms rifle). And if you want to add an after market barrel, you can get on from Shilen. The scope is Barska's $100 Varmint scope and will be more than enough for hunting deer and other game in the mid-west. Make sure you read the manual so that you have your wind/elev adjustments memorized for different distances. I haven't been able to find a replacement stock for it yet, so if anyone knows where to find one or if you have any ?'s let me know. All-in-all if you're planning on hunting and miss your target when it's less than 300 yards with this rifle... I am willing to give shooting lessons for a small fee (case of beer and lunch).

Posted by: trfender | November 25, 2009 1:56 AM    Report this comment

I just got back from the range with my night train 2. If I do my part, I can shot 3 shot groups under 1" at 100yds all day long. At 200 yds, its still a tack driver. As a retired SWAT sniper, I wonder were all the "experts" get thier info saying this rifle is a pos.

Posted by: Grayfox 2 | October 2, 2009 10:19 AM    Report this comment

Posted by: Grayfox 2 | October 2, 2009 10:18 AM    Report this comment

No use putting quality glass on a cheap rifle. :)

Posted by: RackEmPunk | March 14, 2009 1:00 PM    Report this comment

Just another tactical rifle? Or, hey look what I got! Is Barska a good scope? Russ

Posted by: puma | February 21, 2009 11:21 AM    Report this comment

Went to the Mossbergs web site and the only night train they had was nothing like this one shown hear. it only had it in black and with a a 4-16 x 50 MM Scope. So where is this gun to be found and what is the Buyers # for Ordering one from your Dealer, Thank you..Blaster5 Retired U.S. NAVY, EOD/DV

Posted by: Blaster5 | February 20, 2009 3:20 PM    Report this comment

What's with the huge muzzle brake on a .308 rifle? It looks like it belongs on a .50 BMG gun. I would guess this is a "tactical" rifle, but I would hate to lug it very far with that brake and the monster scope on top.

Posted by: JOHN R | February 19, 2009 6:02 PM    Report this comment