March 16, 2009

Caucus Co-Chair Dan Boren To Lead Task Force On Gun Rights

Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus House Co-Chair Oklahoma Rep. Dan Boren will serve as co-chair of a new National Rifle Association task force on gun rights.

"As a member of the National Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association and co-chair of the Congressional Sportsmen Caucus, I am proud to co-chair this task force with Congressman Broun and to take a leadership role on these important issues on behalf of my fellow Oklahoma gun-owners," said Boren.

This task force will be proactive during the 111th Congress in promoting legislation that protects the Second Amendment and fighting legislation that poses a threat to citizens' constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Rep. Dan Boren (D-OK)

Rep. Paul Broun of Georgia will serve as Republican co-chairman.

Other members chosen for the group include Reps. Jason Altmire of Pennsylvania, Travis Childers of Mississippi, Brad Ellsworth of Indiana, Jim Matheson of Utah, Mike McIntyre of North Carolina, Reps. Rob Bishop of Utah, John Boozman of Arkansas, Steve King of Iowa and Steve Scalise of Louisiana.

If you quit paying your taxes you could qualify for a cabinet position in the Obama administration.

Posted by: Robert J | March 24, 2009 6:37 AM    Report this comment

Crap. Busted. Guess I need to find a real job now, eh?

Posted by: Gaviota | March 23, 2009 10:07 PM    Report this comment

Posted by: JWallace | March 23, 2009 6:45 PM    Report this comment

I'd still support you, however, we would have to expand your job title to skunks to impose your campaign promises.

Posted by: Robert J | March 23, 2009 12:36 PM    Report this comment

Gee, Robert J, thanks so much.

My first campaign promise as your dogcatcher candidate is to abolish the Federal Congressional retirement and healthcare systems, and put all Senators and Representatives on Social Security and Medicare. That's a good first step.

The Next Step will be to abolish Social Security and Medicare.

I understand if you want to reconsider your support.

Posted by: Gaviota | March 20, 2009 3:00 PM    Report this comment

For the record, Gaviota, I would vote for you if you ran for dogcatcher.

Posted by: Robert J | March 20, 2009 7:25 AM    Report this comment

I am trying hard to be positive about our reps. but in Calif. it is almost a total lost cause. Wish we could get couple nice pictures of Polosi, Frankinstein, Boxer, with a gun in thier hands and not one that is being destroied, just to makea point.

Posted by: bear1 | March 19, 2009 7:22 PM    Report this comment

I hope you're right, TBILL. I hope an actual, bona-fide, honest-to-God, paleoconservative movement arises and begins stamping out all the economic and political arson fires that the Obaminants have started.

But I won't hold my breath. As it has been noted here before, no one with my rock-ribbed conservative sentiments could get elected in the "victim-mentality, money-addicted" culture in which we now live. I couldn't get elected dogcatcher.

All I can do now is support conservatives who can take the Arkansas House and Senate seats away from the liberal democrats who now pollute them. Writing to my congressmen (and woman) is like farting in a high wind. They can't hear it and don't care.

Posted by: Gaviota | March 19, 2009 6:42 PM    Report this comment

Amen pa-cman. We can only hope after 2 years of fighting for our most basic freedoms, the voters will build a firewall around Obama with a conservative come back like this country has never seen. We allowed this to happen, but we can fix it with vigilance and a busy correspondence with our Congressmen. Write people write, it's our best defense against losing our freedom.

Posted by: TBILL | March 19, 2009 1:38 PM    Report this comment

isn't it a fine country we live in when we have to worry about our elected officials and how much they are going to hurt us and trample down our rights all under the pretenses of trying to make themselves feel good with senseless and useless legislation that does no more to stop crime than the police can do now. lets hope that these guys get the message otherwise send it to them loud and clear in 2 years if we are still around. i for one have lost all faith in this government to be able to govern in a rational manner that our founding fathers insisted upon. you all know what that means.

Posted by: pa-cman | March 19, 2009 1:31 PM    Report this comment

Representative Boren has already demonstrated his allegance to Nancy and the CREW. It will be interesting to see if he truly will defend his OATH OF OFFICE, to the constitution, which will conflict with his LIBERAL buddies, in Congress.

Posted by: majorp44 | March 19, 2009 1:28 PM    Report this comment

Yeah.....We all heard John Kerry proclaim that he owns a shotgun, just as we heard Joe Biden talk about his two shotguns. Let's get real; these guys are nothing more than empty suits when it comes to real gun ownership. I am trying to be optimistic about this task force, but I fear that my optimism may be dashed. Now.....One more time: We must.....we absolutely must.....constantly remind our elected representatives of our stand regarding our Second Amendment rights. It will take a lot more than one e-mail to convince our representatives that we expect them to protect our rights. We must repeatedly remind them of what we expect from them.....you know good and darned well that the anti-Second Amendment types will be sounding off loud and clear. We must match, exceed, and drown out the volume of the leftists.

Posted by: canovack | March 19, 2009 12:07 PM    Report this comment

I agree, I think the picture of Sarah Palin shooting an AR15 said it all. They need to get as many democrats as they can involved with this task force. Pelosi and the gang will be counting on their majority and party lines to pass any anti-gun legislation.

Posted by: Robert J | March 19, 2009 9:21 AM    Report this comment

It makes me wonder, too, when I see a "Pro 2nd Amendment" politician holding a purely sporting weapon, just how much he'll do to protect handguns and non-sporting rifles. I'm going to try to be optimistic.

Posted by: CeltKnight | March 19, 2009 8:51 AM    Report this comment

I wonder how effective the New National Rifle Association Task Force on Gun Rights will be maneuvering against the Assault Rifle ban that Obama wants to reenact. It appears that Dan has a shotgun slung over his shoulder so I'm not sure to what degree he stands behind the 2nd Amendment. I'm sure we're about to find out.

Posted by: JWallace | March 18, 2009 12:31 PM    Report this comment