Long Hunter Shooting Supply Offers USFA Rodeo and USFA Rodeo II with Low-Profile Hammers
HARTLEY, Tex. - Long Hunter Shooting Supply sells USFA Rodeo and USFA Rodeo II single actions with low-profile hammers.
The lower-contoured hammer makes is easier to reach for the one-handed shooter and provides quicker shot to shot strings for the two handed shooter. With the hammer at rest, the sights are still in full view, unlike the old style hammer where the sights are hidden.
The USFA Rodeo and USFA Rodeo II with low-profile hammer will be sold exclusively through Long Hunter Shooting Supply. These models also come with the an action job included in the price. The "from box to holster" features are:
- Rear sights are widened from .108 inch to .140 inch
- Forcing cone is cut to 11 degrees
- A crisp, no creep trigger pull
- Factory flat "hand" spring is replaced. The frame is drilled and a Ruger style coil spring is installed for reliability.
- Factory main spring is replaced with a Lee's Gunslinger flat spring for a smooth, reliable cocking motion while maintaining a quick hammer drop.
- Factory flat "trigger/bolt" spring is replaced with a wire spring for added strength.
- Hammer is relieved .007¡å on each side to eliminate drag marks. The hammer can be machine jeweled or plain polished per customer request.
Long Hunter Shooting Supply is owned and operated by Jim Finch, aka Long Hunter.
An Important Note for GunReports.Com Readers:
Our goal on this website is to foster a free expression of views while reining in language that crosses the line of civil discourse. Accordingly, the comments areas are intended to expand the knowledge of all users of this site. But site administrators wish to discourage the use of profanity, insults, disrespect, the advocacy of lawlessness, violence or sedition, or attempts to impinge on the rights of others.
While GunReports.Com encourages robust discourse that furthers our understanding of all the issues affecting gun owners, comments that break GunReports.Com¡¯s rules will be removed. In addition, we reserve the right to edit or delete individual comments, and in extreme cases, to ban commenters at our discretion.