November 11, 2009

Sturm, Ruger wins 3rd Firearms Manufacturer of the Year Award

SOUTHPORT, Ct.--Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has been presented with the Firearms Manufacturer of the Year award by the National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers for the third consecutive year.

The award was presented during the Association's 36th Annual Meeting in Reno, Nevada. NASGW wholesaler members evaluated the performance of top manufacturers on four key criteria – distribution policy; marketing, sales and promotion; logistics and operations; and NASGW and industry support.

“Winning the Manufacturer of the Year award for the third year in a row is a great honor for Ruger,” said Ruger CEO Mike Fifer.

Many years ago I had a nice colt 22/22mag single action revolver that fell apart when i droped it on my bed after a day of rideing fence on horse back all day, never even fired it. After that I got myself a ruger single six 22/22mag and never had one problem with it and I put that little gun through some real ruff times (Hell) to say the least. I now own a 10-22 thats gone through hell and still does the job just fine, also I have 3 Vaquero's, a Blackhawk (older model), and new model single six 22/22mag., a sp 101 and a P85 auto and have never had a real problem with any of them. And yes I got them partly because of the price, able to get them on a poor mans wages, but also because of the way they have stood up to the ruff and tumble way of life and still did the job when needed. By the way I have also owned some other Rugers also during my Life.
God Bless America and Our Troops Past, Present and Future.
Keeping to My Oath Locked, Loaded, and Keeping My Powder Dry

Posted by: bear1 | November 20, 2009 4:21 PM    Report this comment

"National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers" That's your key. Ruger sells a butt load of their pistols for an unbelieveably
low price to the gun shops so the retail prices are so low that they fly off the shevles.
In God We Trust....

Posted by: Geometric1 | November 15, 2009 8:16 AM    Report this comment

It doesn't appear that quality is a key criteria for NASGW. I agree with Gaviota in regards to their revolvers.

Posted by: JWallace | November 14, 2009 10:18 PM    Report this comment

Be careful, Glenn. The word "stole" may be actionable. I'm willing to bet that the proper verb is actually "licensed." That, or Ruger waited until the patent legally lapsed. Like you, however, I've been disappointed with Ruger's auto pistol line. I'm a big fan of their double- and single-action revolvers, which are some of the best in the world, but their autos (with the exception of the .22 Standard) have never quite measured up to Sig, Glock, or Colt's standards of functionality and accuracy.

Posted by: Lee W | November 14, 2009 8:04 PM    Report this comment

how could ruger win this award.

Posted by: john s | November 12, 2009 11:34 AM    Report this comment

Bill Ruger did more damage to the 2nd amendment that he ever did to help it. Ruger stole the LCP from KelTec. They came out with a piston AR, just like every other mfgr who has recently gotten into the AR market. Both of their new semiauto pistols had recalls within months of release.
Yeah, way to go Ruger. Whoop-dee-doo.

Posted by: KCSHOOTER | November 12, 2009 10:56 AM    Report this comment