April 7, 2008

Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbines Shipping

Kahr Arms of Worcester, Massachusetts, is now shipping the AOM160 Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine, a .30 caliber rifle with a black polymer folding stock and metal perforated handguard.

The Auto-Ordnance division of Kahr Arms began production of an M1 Carbine replica in 2005. The Auto-Ordnance AOM160 retails for $792.

The overall length is 36.5 inches and a compact 27.5inches when folded. The AOM160 has a post front sight, flip style rear sight and includes one 15 round shot stick magazine. The Auto-Ordnance AOM160 weighs 5 pounds.

Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbines

Markings include the following: Auto-Ordnance, Worcester, MA behind the rear sight; U.S. Carbine, Cal. 30 ML on the receiver in front of the bolt and the serial number is engraved on the left side of the receiver.

The M1 Carbine came into popularity during WWII, offering troops a better defensive weapon than a pistol or submachine gun, with great accuracy and range but without the recoil or weight of a full-power infantry rifle.

The only thing I don't care for is that cheese stock.Will a wood stock fir on it?I can buy a wood stock from a friend for $20.00 bucks.

Posted by: bigdude4866067 | April 17, 2008 6:47 PM    Report this comment

Sun Moon of "Reverend Moon" by Unification Church.
Moon's fourth son, Kook Jin "Justin" Moon founded Kahr Arms,

Posted by: av8ors | April 11, 2008 2:12 PM    Report this comment

I bought the Kahr 30 carbine a few years ago and have put well over a 1000 rounds through it. I have only had a few rounds that jamed and they were old surplus amo. My GI mags drop free when the mag reliese botton is pushed. I use this great little gun in action rifle matches our local gun club has mounthly.

Posted by: Rick T | April 11, 2008 12:41 AM    Report this comment

I have been a serious carbine collector for 30 years. Feeding of hollow point ammo is somewhat spotty. Some carbines will while others will not, even with in the same brand. IE Inland. I've found that polishing the feed ramp has made the difference between feeding and not feeding on most of my carbines. Polishing can be done with hard felt bob and grits starting at 240, 400, and 600 for final polish. Remember polishing is NOT intended to alter the geometry of the feed ramp.

Typically there are some machining marks on the feed ramp and often they will prevent feeding of the HP round. Polishing is NOT intended to alter the feed ramp geometry. There is a high speed spring available for the slide of the M1 carbine. I use this spring on any carbine that I own for shooting purposes.

This spring was designed to keep up with the cyclic rate of full auto fire. Nevertheless the additional force on a cartridge coming out of the magazine is a good thing particularly for HP ammo.

I've had no problems with 100 rounds of Corbon DPX HP when tried in two of my shooter carbines. One Inland and the other a Rock-Ola.

Doc Lee

Posted by: LEE W | April 10, 2008 7:13 PM    Report this comment

I bought an AO M-1 carbine a month ago and love it - the size and weight make it perfect for walking in the woods. However, it will not feed and chamber CorBon hollowpoints, so I stick to plain vanilla FMJ ammo.

Posted by: tom w | April 10, 2008 7:45 AM    Report this comment

I own a Kahr .30 Carbine. It has never failed to fire, feed, or eject, with factory, mil-surp, and handloads. It's been absolutely reliable, and my only regret is that I can't afford 10,000 rounds to test it's durability. It's a delightful weapon, and both my wife and daughter love it because it fits them, it's light, and it's recoil is low. They aren't fond of my FAL or PTR-91. The carbine's only drawback (very minor) is that GI magazines are a tight fit.

Posted by: Gaviota | April 9, 2008 8:18 PM    Report this comment

...anybody aware of Kahr's overall reliability?

Posted by: TCole | April 9, 2008 8:03 PM    Report this comment