Leupold Launches New Tactical Optics Division
BEAVERTON, Ore. Leupold & Stevens, Inc. has announced the launch of a new Tactical Optics Division.
The new division is led by Kevin Trepa, vice president of tactical sales and marketing. A former Marine Corps infantry officer, Trepa manages a staff that includes 10-year Leupold employee Moe Bierig, a registered professional engineer; and Ray Brock, who has more than 20 years of project management experience.
The Tactical Optics Division plans a number of new product introductions in 2010.
The Leupold tactical optics line includes Mark 4® Close Quarters/Tactical (CQ/T), Mid Range/Tactical (MR/T), Long Range/Tactical (LR/T) and Extended Range/Tactical (ER/T) riflescopes; Mark 4 Prismatic 1x14mm riflescope; Mark 4 tactical spotting scope; and tactical binoculars.
Other products for the tactical market include Mark AR riflescopes, MX and MXc flashlights, and Mark 4 mounting systems. In addition, Leupold has introduced the new DeltaPoint reflex sight for use on handguns, rifles and shotguns.
Other tactical division team members include:
- Moe Bierig, tactical program manager. Bierig holds a degree in mechanical engineering, and is a registered professional engineer (PE) with a MBA from Northwestern University.
- Ray Brock, tactical product line manager. Brock has more than 20 years experience as a project manager in the commercial and residential construction field. He joined Leupold in 2008.
- Christopher OConnor, manager of the Leupold Tactical Divisions East Coast sales office. Hired by Leupold in January 2010, OConnor recently retired from the U.S. Marine Corps at the rank of Colonel after serving more than 30 years.
- Jeremiah Rowley, tactical sales specialist. Rowley served as a United States Marine for more than 10 years, with two combat tours in Iraq and various deployments to other countries as a combat engineer and an instructor in nuclear, biological and chemical weapons.
- Steve Van Metre, tactical sales and training specialist. With a background in law enforcement and a long-time SWAT sniper, Van Metre runs Team Leupold, the companys sponsored 3-gun team. He joined Leupold in 2008.
- Andrea Avolio, contracts specialist. Avolio was an enlisted member of the Oregon Army National Guard for six years. She is a graduate of Oregon State University, majoring in business administration.
- Pamela Lo, marketing and business planner. Los background includes experience with the U.S. Foreign Commercial Service in the aviation and transportation department, and strategic business consultation.