SHOT Show University to be held Jan. 18
LAS VEGAS--SHOT Show University will once again be holding classes the day before the official beginning of NSSF's Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show, January 18, 2010 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center.
Among the featured speakers will be George Whalin, retail guru, delivering the keynote address on strategies for a changing retail world. Whalin has a huge following, and his Web site, www.WhalinOnRetail.com, offers extensive background.
SHOT Show University will have the format and subject matter that retailers have asked for in the post-university survey process, said Randy Clark, NSSF managing director, business development. The one-day schedule will cover the topics of marketing and promotions, seven keys to retail growth, e-commerce, store financials, ATF compliance, Whalins strategies for a changing world and more.
Other speakers include Curt Jazwiecki, co-owner of Outdoor Business Network, the outdoor industrys leading Web solutions provider; Wally Nelson, retired ATF senior executive; retail specialist Chris DiCenso; and author, speaker and retailer Tom Shay.
Topics and speakers include:
- Keynote address: Strategies for a changing retail world, by George Whalin
- E-commerce solutions to the firearms retailer, by Curt Jazwiecki
- ATF compliance training for the firearms retailer, by Wally Nelson
- Identifying the Challenges Ahead: Results of the 2009 Firearms Retailers Survey, by Rob Southwick
- 7 Key points to a better retail business, by Christopher DiCenso
- How to go forward when the going gets tough, by Tom Shay
- High impact marketing and promotions to double your sales and triple your profits, by George Whalin
- Creating a Turn-key Business with a Sustainable Competitive Advantage, by Bob Clements
For more information on the 2010 SHOT Show, go to www.SHOTShow.org.