March 2, 2009

Getting a Look at Talo, Inc.'s Ruger Classic III French Walnut 1022

Talo, Inc. is building a surprising gun: a Ruger 1022 with a French walnut stock.

According to the company, the Ruger Classic III French Walnut 1022 was the result of "a very nice deal on a limited amount of some French Walnut for a good looking variation on the 1022."

The company said, "We have wood for about 1000 rifles. Maybe a few more. They are a very good buy."

Ruger Classic III French Walnut 1022

Talo Inc. Ruger 1022 with a French walnut stock.

Rumor has it that two firearms CEOs have already bought one for themselves, along with a prominent Ruger employee.

The company said, "Let’s face it, they don’t need another gun. When they buy a TALO edition, we take it as the ultimate compliment."

For more information, click here.

like this site just bought one of these 10/22

Posted by: Lakota | November 26, 2009 11:03 AM    Report this comment

like this site just bought one of these 10/22

Posted by: Lakota | November 26, 2009 11:03 AM    Report this comment

Blah, Blah, I bought one and it is worth the price. Shop around, dealers will be dealers but I paid $315.00 and it is a sweety! Besides how many out there have spent 200 on a 10/22 and spent 1000.00 making it "better".

Posted by: Edward B | May 1, 2009 4:20 AM    Report this comment

Great looking stock, for a great 22.

Posted by: Mike J | March 8, 2009 9:13 AM    Report this comment

Diane with Zanders says there are 20 on backorder. The selling price is up to your dealer, but expect to pay around $450.00. That's far less than an after market stockmaker would charge for the stock alone. Check out Great American Gunstocks for pricing.

Posted by: Teddy. | March 6, 2009 12:26 PM    Report this comment

Far from the most extravagant thing I've seen (or done) with the Chevy small block of firearms.
It seems a lot more practical than my "weapon of mass recreation" double 10-22 gatling gun.
Wonder if they might sell the stocks "ala-carte"...?

Posted by: CHUCK S | March 5, 2009 5:37 PM    Report this comment

This is the antidote for all the millions of 10-22's that have come from Ruger in "plank grade" wood.

Sure it's not practical, but I want one anyway.

Posted by: RackEmPunk | March 5, 2009 2:43 PM    Report this comment

I like it. Yes, it's not a "sensible" combination, but it is different and very nice looking. I would be all over it if one was available in stainless.

Posted by: KURT L. H | March 5, 2009 8:40 AM    Report this comment

...Often it doesn't pay to assume the worst...

On the contrary, I have discovered that it nearly always pays to assume the worst. That way I'm never disappointed, and on rare occasions, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I don't understand taloinc's post. Does this rifle not have a pricepoint set yet? Are they saying they put $200 worth of wood on a $200 plinker? Is the photo accurate? If so, what is "new" about it? Looks like a pretty standard stock to me. Why does taloinc say "It may well be a great deal?" Don't they already know how good a deal it is?

I'm not being sarcastic. I just have serious doubts that the website, the taloinc post, and the pictures do not assuage. What, exactly, is the marketing strategy here? What does this rifle offer a guy like me, who already has two Ruger 10-22's?

Posted by: Gaviota | March 3, 2009 11:17 PM    Report this comment

I think the rifle will retail in the $400 area
The stock design is new and interesting for the 1022. It may well be a great deal. Often it doesn't pay to assume the worst. Thank you, Gun Reports for the mention.

Posted by: taloinc | March 3, 2009 10:27 AM    Report this comment

They don't list a price, but it looks like they put $400 worth of wood on a $200 rifle. Reminds me of the definition of "sporterizing" a military surplus rifle: Buy a $300 rifle, put $300 into it, and come out with a $200 rifle.

Posted by: Gaviota | March 2, 2009 3:54 PM    Report this comment