Joe Woolley, Contributing Editor for Gun Tests Magazine, interviews John Thomas, Designer for Savage Arms, and learns about the company’s new-for-2023 1911 pistols.
Savage Arms’ latest addition to its handgun line-up is the Savage 1911 Government Style Models.
“I’ve worked in the firearms Industry for over 30 years and started my career as a professional shooter,” said Rob Gates, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Savage Arms. “This Savage 1911 is as real as they come and shoots better than any production 1911 I’ve handled during my 30 plus years in this industry.
The Savage 1911 has a dual recoil spring and machined sear and disconnector, a nitride coated titanium firing pin and weighs in at just over 2 LBS with a 5” barrel length. Finishes range from black melonite to stainless steel and the Savage 1911 is sure to be 2023’s leading single-action pistol.
New Model features include:
- 5” Stainless Steel Barrel Machined from Billet with 11º Target Crown
- Ambidextrous Slide lock Safety
- Dual Recoil Spring with Fully Machined Sear and Hammer
- Ejection Port Lowered, Flared and Cut for Live Round Ejection
- Forged Stainless Steel Frame and Slide
- Nirtide Coated Titanium Firing Pin
- Novak® Lo-Mount Adjustable Tritium Bar Rear Sight and Tritium Mega Dot Glow Dome™ Yellow Front Sight (Rail & Two-Tone Versions)
- VZ G10 Grips
Part No. / Description / MSRP
67200 / Gov’t Style, Black Melonite 45 AUTO / $1,350
67204 / Gov’t Style, Black Melonite 9MM / $1,350
67202 / Gov’t Style, Stainless 45 AUTO / $1,350
67205 / Gov’t Style, Stainless 9MM / $1,350
67201 / Gov’t Style 2-Tone 45 AUTO / $1,425
67206 / Gov’t Style 2-Tone 9MM / $1,425
67207 / Gov’t Style Rail Gun, 2-Tone 45 AUTO / $1,500
67208 / Gov’t Style Rail Gun, 2-Tone 9MM / $1,500
67203 / Gov’t Style Rail Gun, Stainless 45 AUTO / $1,500
67209 / Gov’t Style Rail Gun, Stainless 9MM / $1,500
67210 / Gov’t Style Rail Gun, Black Melonite 45 AUTO / $1,500
67211 / Gov’t Style Rail Gun, Black Melonite 9MM / $1,500