As I write this, theres a big United Nations conference going on that seeks to control the so-called illicit gun trade between nations. This is chilling, because there are few countries in the world outside the U.S. which respect gun ownership. Its not too big a reach to think that gun confiscationists worldwide will take any trade restrictions on any firearms they can get anywhere, since their ultimate agenda is to take everyones right to self-defense away wherever they can. That makes controlling people-and murdering them in the name of the good of the state-much easier to accomplish.
I received an unsigned email the other day that included a few additional thoughts along these lines, and I thought you might enjoy reading them. To wit:
• An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
• A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
• Gun control is not about guns, it is about control.
• If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
• If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
• Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
• If you dont know your rights, you dont have any.
• Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
• The United States Constitution (C) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
• What part of shall not be infringed do you not understand?
• 64,999,987 firearm owners killed no one yesterday.
• Guns have only two enemies: Rust and Politicians.
• Know guns, know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.
• You dont shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
• What is 911? Government-sponsored Dial a Prayer.
• Assault is a behavior, not a device.
• Criminals love gun control. It makes their job easier and safer.
• If guns cause robberies, then matches cause arson.
• Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to disarm them.
• You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
• When you remove the peoples right to bear arms, you create slaves.
• The American Revolution wouldnt have happened with gun control.
Note to Readers
We were recently informed that a reference to Cannon Quicksafe in a Gun Tests direct-mail promotion does not accurately reflect the current state of Cannons product, which has undergone several revisions since our initial review in 1993. The reference in our promotion was based on conclusions we reached back then, and may not offer current readers with as an accurate an assessment of Quicksafe as wed like. Accordingly, we are adjusting our marketing materials, and we will begin work on evaluating the current crop of rapid-access pistol safes in order to bring our information up to date.
-Timothy Cole, Publisher