February 22, 2009

ATI Announces New AR-Style 410 Shotgun, the T14

ROCHESTER, NY – American Tactical Imports Inc. has introduced the first-ever 410 caliber semiautomatic shotgun. The T14 is a smooth bore, open choke 410 shotgun based on the AR15 rifle.

The T14 shotgun is offered in classic and compact models. Both feature ribbed tactical style handguards. In addition, both models feature matching barrel length, at just barely over 20 inches, a matching overall length of 37.8 inches, and a matching velocity of 700 m/s.

The compact version of the T14 shotgun differs from the classic version in its weight. The compact version weighs in at 5.73 pounds, while the classic version tips the scales at a mere 6.28 pounds. Both versions of the T14 come equipped with a 5-round magazine, with the option of a 15-round magazine available soon.

ATI T14 410 shotgun

For more information, please visit www.AmericanTactical.us.

Will it or will it not fit a standard lower?

Posted by: Dmanflynn | June 22, 2009 8:43 PM    Report this comment

I REALY don't Like to say this,But we have BECOME a traaaaader to CHINA. DAM PC I ment a trader, with China! Heck who don't Knoow bout their PEIR IN CALIF.. OR PIRE China,Oceans,Shipping,CO.I mean cosco) we been sold an bought , OUR Four FATHERS would have taken to a T Party.. BUT We maericans don't go in fer that sissy stuf! Isay HIELF SHITMER! YOU can't say you don't RE-member 1 or 2 BUDDYS that took it from the JAPS! NO ofence (SOG)ICEMAN Mike

Posted by: (SOG)Iceman | March 1, 2009 2:36 AM    Report this comment

Can anyone tell where this is made? With the economy the way it is, I'm trying to buy American no matter what it is. Difficult but doable. And now I've got an excuse for not shopping with my better half - she can't stand hearing me complain.

Posted by: Lupin | February 28, 2009 12:20 PM    Report this comment

I don't think ,THAT that UPPER would do your .223Rem. OR 7.62 OR 762x39 Lower any good even after you FIT IT.. WHAT ARE you going to SHOOT,? IE AMMO? (SOG)ICEMAN, Mike

Posted by: (SOG)Iceman | February 27, 2009 11:38 PM    Report this comment

RE: Saiga Prices. On one of the gun auction web sites the Saiga 12 ga with 30/40 rd mags, have been selling for around $800-$875 during February. There is a Saiga users forum where owners show pics of customs jobs. If you are in the forum long enough you can't help but pick up on the idea that some have taken them beyond semi-auto. I wouldn't buy one because I have no need, but God are they intimidating looking when tricked out. The street market, that we all know exists, has both drums & "belts". We are your everyday guys, and I'm just glad that certain folks (gangs) seem unaware. God I hope it stays that way. This is the only place I would have commented at all about them, until the price question was asked. Stay safe guys/gals.

Posted by: steek65 | February 27, 2009 1:06 PM    Report this comment

I think the real value in this is if, as I assume, you can buy just the upper and drop it onto your existing AR lower. Increased versitility is always a good thing!

Posted by: Atr | February 27, 2009 11:27 AM    Report this comment

I think the value of this is in being able to buy just the upper and drop it onto an AR lower you already have. Increased versitility! Always a good thing.

Posted by: Atr | February 27, 2009 11:25 AM    Report this comment

OFcours this NOT the First outo Loading .410!It is the first one in the M16, config.For them nuts that JUST can't seem to get enough of the BLACK GUN. GUILTY!! Mike

Posted by: (SOG)Iceman | February 26, 2009 10:22 PM    Report this comment

I wonder how much it's going to cost?

Posted by: PVB | February 26, 2009 4:47 PM    Report this comment

The below posts are correct, this is not the first semi auto .410. EAA imported an Izmash produced AK based line of shotguns under the Saiga name in .410, 20ga, and 12ga. I have the 20 ga version and a good friend of mine has the .410.

Posted by: jwag74 | February 26, 2009 4:12 PM    Report this comment

Remington also makes an 1100 in .410 and has for a few decades. So this is definitely not the first autoloading .410

Posted by: jacoby0419 | February 26, 2009 11:52 AM    Report this comment

Saiga made their AK based semi-auto in .410 and 12ga.. It was a reliable and reasonably priced weapon. As for it's use, load it with buckshot rounds and you have the effective fire of an auto. Load it with slugs or shot and you have a game getter. A true do everything long gun.

Posted by: GerryD | February 26, 2009 11:16 AM    Report this comment

Good point, William, but not on point. The question we should never have to answer is "Why should you be allowed to have it?" Asking what utility a gun serves is just being an intelligent buyer.

Posted by: Gaviota | February 26, 2009 10:02 AM    Report this comment

That is NOT the first semi-auto .410. I have seen an AR in .410 before. Furthermore, I have seen an AK in .410. I wish I had bought it! Oh well. When I held it I couldn't help thinking to myself - where is that wascally wabbit?

Posted by: Chapie+ | February 26, 2009 9:30 AM    Report this comment

"What the hell is it FOR?" You ask? Luckily in(most) of America I don't have to give you an answer(for now).

Posted by: WILLIAM S | February 26, 2009 9:26 AM    Report this comment

Could someone PLEASE scan and email a copy of Guns & Ammo Magazine's article on the "RUGER .327 FED MAG". Obviously I only need the ARTICLE, not the whole magazine. It appeared in the "G & A 2009 Annual", and went on sale 10/07/08 (2008)

I now need it desperately, and I can't find it at all. (we moved at the time) Please help if you can!

Posted by: steek65 | February 25, 2009 10:37 AM    Report this comment

Oh, and speaking of new gun announcements, my vote for Ugliest Revolver Since The 7.62 Russian Nagant goes to the new Ruger LCR.

Posted by: Gaviota | February 23, 2009 8:49 PM    Report this comment

More and more often nowadays, announcements from the firearms industry leave me scratching my head, and wondering; "What the hell is it FOR?"

Of course my medical problem may be responsible for some of this. I have a terminal case of "hardening of the attitudes."

Posted by: Gaviota | February 23, 2009 8:32 PM    Report this comment