April 6, 2009

Montana Poised to Buck Federal Gun Control

HELENA – From the Flathead (Montana) Beacon:

Montana-made guns may form the basis for a court showdown over states' rights if the governor signs a bill to release some firearms in the state from federal regulation.

The proposed law aims to exempt firearms, weapons components and ammunition made in Montana and kept in Montana from federal gun laws. Since the state has few gun laws of its own, the legislation would allow some gunowners and sellers in the state to skirt registration, licensing requirements and background checks entirely.

In particular, they plan to find a "squeaky clean" Montanan who wants to send a note to the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives threatening to build and sell about 20 such rifles without federal dealership licensing. If the ATF tells them it's illegal, they will then file a lawsuit in federal court — with any luck triggering a legal battle that lands in the nation's highest court.

Read the full story here:

www.FlatheadBeacon.com

God bless you Montana! Do you have room for another family of hard working American Citizens???

Posted by: Pa red neck | May 1, 2009 2:42 PM    Report this comment

CESARE C (bluebird),
I'm having difficulty mating crybaby with gun owners. Crybabies are more apt to request protection rather than arm and protect themselves.

Posted by: JWallace | April 14, 2009 9:11 PM    Report this comment

I'm in Cody,Wy just a stone's throw from Montana. I always figured that it would be Wyoming that would do something like this. Hopefully the Wyoming legislature will follow the patriotic lead. It's about time we had state leadership that isn't afraid to face off with Washington and exercise some independent and free thinking. If we can't do that, this nation is truly doomed.
I stand with you Montana!

Posted by: Cpl Ski USMC | April 14, 2009 12:59 PM    Report this comment

Way to go Montana, you got one freedom, 2nd amendment loving Californian, about ready to get out of this anti-gun, anti-hunting, pro-illeagals, pro tax you to death, state. As an disabled Veteran I am wandering if I can handle the cold. And I hope you can get some more gun and ammo manufactures to move to your state. God Bless Montana and agod Bless America

Posted by: bear1 | April 10, 2009 7:51 PM    Report this comment

I live in the gun hate state of Illinois.With polition like we have that like to ripoff the public.You would not like to have guns around either.

Posted by: iron worker | April 10, 2009 3:17 PM    Report this comment

Posted by: iron worker | April 10, 2009 3:17 PM    Report this comment

Posted by: iron worker | April 10, 2009 3:16 PM    Report this comment

You go Montana! Glad to see men of action he fight for gun owners.

Posted by: Mark G | April 9, 2009 6:06 PM    Report this comment

Ah, Montana land of the FREE. I hope Oklahoma would also join in your efforts to free us from the tyranny of the Federal/Liberal extremists.
God bless Montana.
James P.

Posted by: majorp44 | April 9, 2009 5:52 PM    Report this comment

There are times I really think about moving to Montana. If I was sure I could find a job there I'd deal with the winters (I'm in Minnesota so it wouldn't be THAT much of an adjustment).

And doesn't Montana have a Dem. for a Governor?

Charles

Posted by: CHARLES B | April 9, 2009 5:24 PM    Report this comment

It's true there're lots of people with testicles here in montana but also lots of crybaby liberals and others that voted for their savior and looking for a way out of the fix they put us in. If you're one of those I suggest to stay out of Montana.Comment by CESARE C.

Posted by: bluebird | April 9, 2009 3:47 PM    Report this comment

The people im Montana remind me of the first minutemen who fought for their freedom.

Posted by: gunreports | April 9, 2009 12:22 PM    Report this comment

You Go Montana . . . Living in California makes you look like heaven. I will be watching to see what success you have.

Posted by: NorCalChuck | April 9, 2009 10:29 AM    Report this comment

I didn't know a state could have testicles!

Posted by: KURT L. H | April 9, 2009 9:22 AM    Report this comment

Way to go Montana! The Federal government is overbearing and corrupt and is on it's way to remove all of our Rights guaranteed by the Constitution. It is about time the People stood up to the Federal government! I am moving to Montana as soon as possible to be a FREE person again.

Posted by: rcawdor57 | April 9, 2009 8:59 AM    Report this comment

Way to go Montana !! God bless you and your citizens !!

Posted by: Tim C | April 7, 2009 8:29 AM    Report this comment

Montana, I'm currently working in a couple states to your East but plan to visit you after completing my work within the next two weeks. Montana just might be a good State to live in for the next 4 years. I'm coming to check you out to see if your beauty is worth the bitter cold.

Posted by: JWallace | April 6, 2009 11:14 PM    Report this comment