Davidson’s has collaborated with H&K to produce an exclusive variant of the German company’s venerable MR762A1 chambered in 7.62 NATO.
Like its 5.56mm counterpart, the MR762A1 is a direct descendent of the HK416/417 series, only in a semi-automatic rifle configuration developed for civilian users. It is assembled in the USA using US and German-made components and uses many of the same parts and assemblies developed for the HK416 and 417 rifles.
The MR762A1 uses a proprietary HK short-stroke gas piston system. In the “closed” HK piston system, exhaust gases never enter the receiver, which means the HK runs cooler, cleaner and more reliably. The MR762A1 has a cold-hammer-forged 16.5-inch barrel made from cannon-grade steel.
Davidson’s MR762A1 has a midnight bronze Cerakote finish, an M-LOK handguard, full-length Picatinny rail, and comes with one 20-round magazine. It is packaged in a branded soft-sided case with storage pockets inside, along with Velcro strap tie-downs to ensure stability during transport. The outside of the case features full-coverage MOLLE attachments.
Other features include:
- Picatinny rail integral to lower matched up to 14 5/8-inch Picatinny rail that is integral to the 13¼-inch M-LOK compatible handguard
- HK 6-position adjustable buttstock with vented recoil pad and sling attachment points
- Magpul MOE K2+ grip
- Ambidextrous safety controls
- Medium contour barrel
- Weight: 9.94 pounds
- Overall length: 39.5 inches extended, 36 inches retracted
- One 20-round HK polymer magazine included
- Item No. 81000888, MSRP $4450.